Review this Advertising Specialist job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the…
The following is a sample job description for a Web Developer to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Web Developer is a person who designs, builds, and maintains websites. They work with both front-end and back-end technologies to create and maintain websites that are both user-friendly and technically sound.
Web developers must be able to develop both static and dynamic websites that can be easily accessed by users with varying levels of technical knowledge.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Develop and maintain websites, including pages and content
- Design and develop web pages, applications, and web services
- Use code to update and improve existing websites
- Work with other developers to create new features or fix bugs in the website’s code
- Troubleshoot issues with the website, including coding problems and issues related to the server or domain
- Debug and optimize the codebase to improve performance and reduce bugs
- Designing the website layout
- Creating graphics for the website interface
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a web developer
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Bootstrap, jQuery, or AngularJS
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles
- Experience with PHP frameworks (i.e., Laravel or CodeIgniter)
- Experience working with APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Must be able to work independently, but also be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to communicate with clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own without being constantly supervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).