Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Vice President of HR to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The VP of Human Resources is responsible for leading the company’s HR team and guiding its strategic direction. The VP of HR is an expert on all aspects of human resources, including talent acquisition, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, legal compliance, and organizational development. This role provides leadership and vision to ensure that the organization’s HR practices align with its strategic goals. The VP is also responsible for ensuring that employees are well-informed about company operations and policies.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Establish and execute HR policies that support both short-term goals as well as long-term business strategy.
- Leading a team that supports the company’s strategic goals through its human resources functions.
- Supporting company culture by effectively navigating the needs of employees, managers and executives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including employees, managers, and executives.
- Conduct employee engagement surveys and exit interviews.
- Develop an employee handbook to keep employees informed about their rights and responsibilities at work.
- Set the strategic direction for Human Resources, including future goals and objectives, policies and procedures, staffing plans, performance management systems, benefits and compensation, training programs, employee relations initiatives, safety programs and other human resource initiatives.
- Direct the administration of HR operations, including recruitment and selection; compensation; benefits; employee relations; labor relations; training and development; safety programs; job classification system; disciplinary policies; performance management system (including discipline); compliance with equal employment opportunity laws; employee records maintenance standards; employee benefit plan administration.
- Review and approve all HR operational plans.
- Review all aspects of human resources planning to ensure that they are consistent with organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 10 years of experience in at least two of the following areas: employee relations, recruitment and staffing, labor relations, employee benefit programs, or training and development.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities by managing a variety of responsibilities within your area of expertise, including: recruiting and staffing; compensation planning and administration; benefits administration; employee relations; performance management; training and development; talent acquisition strategies for diverse workforce groups.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written/verbal) with all levels of employees, customers and external stakeholders to include business partners, vendors, etc., as well as internal departments such as finance & accounting, operations/logistics, legal, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs, Drop Box, Slack, HRIS (Taleo, Workday, Paycor, Ceridian, ADP, Zenefits, Monday, BambooHR), ATS (JazzHR, ZohoRecruit, Freshteam, Bullhorn, Kenexa, ICIMS).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).