Software Developer Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Software Developer to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Software Developer is a person who designs and creates software for computers and other devices. Software developers are also known as programmers, coders, or computer programmers. They write code in programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, and HTML. This code is used to create applications that run on computers or mobile devices. The code could also be used to create websites.
Software developers must have strong math skills and knowledge of programming languages. They must also have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Developing and maintaining software applications, including writing code and collaborating with technical teams to build new features.
- Performing quality assurance testing on the company’s applications.
- Maintaining knowledge of all relevant programming languages, platforms, frameworks, and associated technologies.
- Responsible for designing user interfaces (UIs) and user experience (UX). They must also be able to
- Test code to make sure it works properly.
- Programming, writing, and testing software applications
- Designing and developing software systems and applications to meet the needs of a client or employer.
- Developing and maintaining software systems to solve business problems.
- Writes documentation for new or modified products to ensure that they meet user needs.
- Develops new software products or enhancements to existing ones using state-of-the-art techniques
- Participates in the development of technical standards for use within the company’s product development processes
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience developing software applications for the web.
- Must be able to work independently, but also be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have experience in C# and C++ programming languages
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Experience with the .NET framework, JavaFX, and Android SDKs preferred
- Experience with SQL databases like MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own without being constantly supervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.