The following is a sample job description for a Registered Nurse to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for administering patient care ensuring the safety and well-being of patients. You will also assist in the development of treatment plans and practices to ensure that patients receive the best care possible.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Patient assessment, including vital signs and physical examination.
- Recording patient data and responses to interventions.
- Developing and evaluating patient care plans.
- Maintaining patients’ comfort and safety, including administering medications as prescribed by doctors.
- Administering intravenous fluids and other medications as prescribed by doctors.
- Communicating with medical staff about patients’ progress.
- Educating patients on their illnesses and treatment plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited nursing school.
- Current license in the state where you intend to work.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a healthcare provider.
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Outlook), EPIC, and Cerner.
- Certifications in ACLS, BLS, CPR.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).