This is an example of an Order Filler job description for a reference when building your resume. Analyze the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
An Order Filler, also known as a Picker or Warehouse Order Picker, is a professional responsible for accurately and efficiently picking and packing customer orders in a warehouse or distribution center. They play a critical role in ensuring that the correct products are selected, organized, and prepared for shipment to meet customer demands. Order Fillers work in collaboration with other warehouse team members and follow established processes to fulfill customer orders.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Order Picking:
- Retrieve customer orders from picking lists or handheld devices, identifying the correct products and quantities.
- Product Verification:
- Inspect and verify the quality and condition of items selected for each order.
- Order Packing:
- Properly pack selected products into boxes, containers, or cartons, ensuring they are secure for safe transport.
- Scanning and Labeling:
- Use scanning devices to confirm order accuracy and apply shipping labels to packages.
- Inventory Check:
- Collaborate with inventory control personnel to ensure product availability and coordinate stock replenishment as needed.
- Order Staging:
- Organize and stage packed orders in designated areas for shipping and delivery.
- Order Documentation:
- Accurately record order details and maintain proper documentation for each order filled.
- Order Shipping:
- Assist with loading orders onto delivery vehicles or coordinating with shipping carriers for order dispatch.
- Equipment Operation:
- Operate material handling equipment, such as pallet jacks or forklifts, to retrieve items from storage areas.
- Safety Compliance:
- Adhere to safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment and handling products.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure order accuracy and product quality to meet customer expectations.
- Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required. Previous experience in order picking, warehousing, or related roles may be advantageous.
- Attention to Detail:
- Meticulous attention to detail to accurately pick and pack customer orders.
- Physical Fitness:
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, and move heavy objects or boxes as required in a warehouse setting.
- Time Management:
- Efficient time management skills to meet order fulfillment deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other warehouse team members to achieve common goals.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing order requirements and business demands.
- Basic Math Skills:
- Competency in basic math to perform inventory counts and calculations related to order filling.
- Effective communication skills to interact with supervisors, team members, and shipping personnel.
Order Fillers play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely order fulfillment in warehouse and distribution settings. Their efficiency and accuracy contribute to customer satisfaction and the overall effectiveness of order processing and shipping operations.