Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Marketing Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall management of a company’s marketing activities. The Marketing Manager oversees marketing communication, including business-to-business, direct mail, email, social media and website content. They ensure that the company’s brand and image are consistent across all channels, and they work with other departments to align their goals with those of the marketing team.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Analyzing data from various sources to identify trends in customer purchasing behavior and customer demographics.
- Gathering information about competitors’ products and services, pricing policies, promotional activities and other factors that may affect the ability of a business to achieve its objectives.
- Communicating with customers and potential customers through direct mailings or telemarketing calls; visiting trade shows or conventions; arranging for product demonstrations or displays at store fronts or other locations where potential customers can view them.
- Developing content for all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and more.
- Devising strategy for each channel based on its function and audience.
- Creating a schedule for posting on each channel (including both paid ads and organic posts).
- Managing advertising budgets across multiple channels.
- Monitoring analytics data to track campaign performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing management or product management.
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales and account managers to develop and execute go-to market plans for new products/services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills).