IT Manager Job Description (2023)
The following is a sample job description for an IT Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
An IT Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance, and upkeep of a company’s information technology systems. This includes planning, supervising, and coordinating the efforts of IT personnel in order to meet the needs of the company. They typically work in an office setting, but they may also be required to travel as needed in order to assist with technical support or client service.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s information technology including planning, budgeting, research, procurement and maintenance of computers, software applications and hardware equipment
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations regarding data security and privacy issues
- Serve as an expert resource for technology-related questions from employees and managers alike.
- Implement new technologies into the company’s workflow to improve efficiency, productivity, and security.
- Work with other departments within the company to meet their technology needs while ensuring that they are in line with company standards.
- Develop and implement policies regarding employee use of email, Internet access policies and security measures.
- Plan, implement and monitor the implementation of new systems in accordance with company policy.
- Evaluate employee performance relative to job requirements and objectives.
- Perform technical analysis of problems; analyze user requests for services or information; recommend solutions.
- Manage the daily operations of the IT department, including planning workloads, managing projects, scheduling technicians and resolving customer issues.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of current technology trends, understand how they relate to their work and keep up with new developments in their areas of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT Manager
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Experience with network security systems, including firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.