Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Health and Safety Manager Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Health and Safety Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring the company’s compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations, including maintaining a safe workplace for employees, contractors, and customers. The position encompasses a wide variety of responsibilities, including identifying hazards in the workplace, developing and maintaining an effective hazard control program, creating training programs for employees to ensure they are safe at work, and promoting a culture of safety within the organization.
Additional Health and Safety Manager resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and follow health and safety policies and procedures
- Create and implement a comprehensive health and safety program for the company, including emergency action plans, training, risk assessments, incident reporting, and hazard communication.
- Supervise activities related to the development or revision of employee safety training programs.
- Monitor compliance with OSHA regulations, state laws, federal guidelines.
- Provide technological assistance in the development of new equipment or processes that may pose potential health or safety hazards.
- Conducts risk assessments to identify potential hazards in the workplace.
- Manages and conducts investigations into claims made against the company for injuries sustained in the workplace.
- Provides advice to management on health and safety matters.
- Facilitating meetings between employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders to discuss issues related to health and safety.
- Ensures that all equipment meets all applicable standards set by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials) and other applicable agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in health or safety management or a related field.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in health and safety management.
- Certification in risk management and health and safety management.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with executives, managers, and individual employees.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Must be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to prioritize work when handling an accident or incident.
- Able to work without direction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, Zoom, training programs, etc.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.