Employee Relations Manager Job Description
The following is a sample job description for an Employee Relations Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Employee Relations Manager is a senior-level position that provides leadership and support for the company’s employee relations efforts, including compensation, benefits, and human resources. This role will also provide management of legal compliance issues to ensure that the company is always operating within legal parameters. The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all employees have a positive experience with the company and feel they are treated fairly.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Collecting and analyzing data on employment trends.
- Hire new employees.
- Train new employees on company policies and procedures.
- Developing policies and procedures related to employee relations.
- Creating training programs to ensure that employees are aware of their rights and responsibilities as well as current trends in the workplace.
- Creating reports and presentations on employee relations issues.
- Creating and implementing policies and procedures that protect the rights of employees.
- Fostering an environment where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Managing disputes between employees and management.
- Handle disciplinary actions for employees who violate company policies or break the law.
- Meet with employees to discuss concerns about their working environment.
- Address issues related to discrimination, harassment or unfair treatment from coworkers or supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in employee relations management.
- Must be able to manage a team of up to 10 people, including hiring and firing employees.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with executives, managers, and individual employees.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Must be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work without direction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, Zoom, training programs, etc.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.