We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Budget Analyst to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Budget Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and preparing budget proposals, analyzing financial statements, and providing assistance with forecasting. The Budget Analyst will also participate in the development of new products or services and assist with their introduction.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Analyze financial data in order to forecast financial results and determine areas of potential risk.
- Work with management to formulate strategies that will help the company meet its goals.
- Develop and maintain budgets for capital expenditures, operating expenses, and other expenditures in order to ensure optimal allocation of resources.
- Perform monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- Analyze and create financial models to help with business decision-making.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate financial information to management in a clear, concise manner.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgeting process including forecasting and variance analysis.
- Analyze budget, revenue and expenditure data for accuracy, completeness and adherence to established policies
- Ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the company’s accounting system to ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least two years of experience as a Budget Analyst.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others