Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Bookkeeper Job Description
Review this Bookkeeper job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
A Bookkeeper is a professional who assists businesses by organizing and maintaining their financial records. They work closely with company owners and managers to ensure that all financial transactions are appropriately documented, including income and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, taxes, and more. Bookkeepers also manage the day-to-day operations of the business by preparing reports on sales and expenses, calculating payroll taxes, tracking inventory levels, recommending cost-saving measures, assisting with budgeting decisions to help the company stay within its means, and other tasks as needed.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Reconciling bank statements, including deposits and withdrawals, to ensure accuracy.
- Preparing financial statements from the data in the company’s accounting system.
- Inputting transactions into the accounting system using QuickBooks by Intuit or other accounting system.
- Preparing reports for management about financial performance.
- Manage the accounts receivable and payable, including cash flow and credit management.
- Prepare financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets.
- Calculate taxes, payroll and other reports for accounting purposes.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately.
-Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
-Must have at least 2 years of experience working as a Bookkeeper
-Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
-Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.