Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is sample job description for a Wedding Planner to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Wedding Planner is a professional who coordinates the details of a wedding. They are hired by the bride and groom to ensure that every aspect of the wedding day is properly planned. Wedding planners assist in selecting vendors, working with vendors, setting up appointments, coordinating with other professionals involved in the wedding, and ensuring that all tasks are completed on time.
A Wedding Planner can be hired through an agency or directly from a company. In some cases, they may also be responsible for managing finances associated with their client’s wedding.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Plan and coordinate all wedding details, from venue to reception to rehearsal dinner to guest list
- Serve as point of contact for vendors, ensuring that everything is done as planned and that guests are accommodated when needed.
- Keep track of all details, including budgets and timelines for vendors, so that the wedding coordinator can make informed decisions about what needs to be done and when.
- Conducting research about the couple’s dream wedding and their budget.
- Organizing a schedule for the wedding vendors, including the dress designer, caterer, photographer, DJ, florist and makeup artist.
- Setting up the schedule for all guests to attend the ceremony and reception.
- Planning a timeline for travel from home to wedding site and back again.
- Arranging accommodations in each city that they plan on visiting during their planning process (hotels, resorts or homes).
- Being available to answer questions and concerns throughout the planning process.
- Creating an itinerary for each of their guests, as well as a list of must-see venues and important points to remember about their trip.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a wedding planner (preferably three).
- Must have completed at least one year of planning experience in the past five years, with four years being ideal.
- Must have a current wedding planner license (if not, you’ll need to apply for one).
- Must be able to work well with other people from all walks of life.
- Must have experience in customer service and/or hospitality.