Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
Review this Warehouse Supervisor job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. They are in charge of ensuring that all orders are processed and shipped on time, as well as ensuring that all inventory is accounted for, cleaned and maintained. They are also responsible for assigning employees to specific tasks in the warehouse, overseeing their work and communicating with them about their performance.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Supervising the operation of the warehouse and ensuring that all inventory levels are maintained.
- Checking in and out of inventory with suppliers to ensure that orders are fulfilled within a specific timeframe.
- Assigning employees to work in the warehouse, based on their experience and skillsets.
- Ensuring that employees follow safety protocols at all times.
- Responsible for managing and directing the activities of the warehouse staff.
- Ensures that the warehouse is properly organized and maintained with regard to inventory, space, equipment, and materials.
- Supervises and trains other warehouse personnel to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reviews work orders and determines whether they are complete or if additional work needs to be completed.
- Conducts employee evaluations to determine if employees are performing at an acceptable level and recommends strategies for improvement.
- Develop a physical inventory check of all materials stored at the warehouse facility.
- Ensure that all materials are stored according to company standards and policies.
- Coordinate delivery of materials from suppliers to the warehouse on a regular basis.
- Coordinate deliveries from customers on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- One year of warehouse supervisory experience, preferably with an established firm.
- At least five years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience managing a team that manages inventory and transportation logistics.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and complete them on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).