Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Treasury Manager Job Description
Review this Treasury Manager job description for a reference when building your resume. Analyze the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
The Treasury Manager is responsible for managing the treasury department. The Treasury Manager’s primary focus is to ensure that all financial transactions are completed and recorded accurately. The role requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and sound judgment. The Treasury Manager also acts as a liaison between the bank’s Board of Directors and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage all aspects of treasury operations including cash management, bank reconciliation, reporting and analysis
- Establish new processes & procedures for treasury operations.
- Provide advice on how to improve performance in each area
- Manage the cash and cash equivalents of the treasury department, including but not limited to receipting, disbursement, and reconciliation activities.
- Maintain accounts receivable records.
- Monitor the cash position for payment of vendors and suppliers.
- Develop and implement a Treasury Manual to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the development of banking relationships with vendors, including ensuring that payment terms, credit terms, etc., are negotiated in accordance with industry standards.
- Providing advice regarding customer service issues such as ATM fees or payments made via debit or credit cards.
- Ensure that the bank’s rules, regulations, and policies are followed in order to maintain compliance with government regulations.
- Monitor the company’s bank account for any irregular activity and take appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Treasury Manager at a bank and minimum of 2 years experience working with the bank’s senior management.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are needed to effectively manage the bank’s treasury function.
- Experience with credit card processing and other payment methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and banking software.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.