Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Technical Writer to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Technical Writer is responsible for communicating complex information to non-technical users. They write technical documents, including user manuals, white papers, case studies and more. They often work closely with product managers and designers to ensure they are accurately conveying the message the company wants to send.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Write short, concise documents that are easy to understand by non-technical users.
- Write technical documents for multiple audiences, including non-technical or non-native readers.
- Prepare documentation for product releases, including feature descriptions and user guides.
- Work with project managers to create timelines, schedules and milestones.
- Work with designers to create graphics, illustrations and other visual elements.
- Create instructional content for software and mobile applications.
- Write documentation that meets the needs of the user, programmer and other stakeholders.
- Write and edit manuals, white papers, and other documents that are clear and easy to understand.
- Develop content for web pages, help systems, knowledge bases, user guides, and similar information-based resources.
- Work with other members of the product development team to ensure that documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that documentation reflects the brand’s voice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years writing experience in a technical field (experience in web development/web design preferred).
- Knowledge of how to use standard software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Pro; and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with technical writing processes.
- Familiarity with agile development processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.