We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Teacher to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Teachers are responsible for teaching students in a number of different subjects. They must be able to teach their students well enough that they can pass their exams and go on to higher education or work in their field of study.
Additional information for this can be found here.
- Create and implement lesson plans that meet the needs of all students in the class
- Help students set educational goals and track their progress to ensure they are achieving these goals
- Monitor student behavior in class to ensure a positive learning environment
- Use various teaching techniques to reach different types of learners
- Providing students with clear instructions about the material they will be learning, as well as how they will be evaluated on that knowledge
- Assessing student progress, both individually and as a group
- Ensuring that students have access to all the materials they need for their studies
- Helping students who may struggle with learning new concepts or skills
- Coaching others who are teaching similar courses at other schools
- Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university and pass a state-administered examination called the Praxis Exam
- Experience working with children in some capacity before applying for a job as an educator
- Must have at least three years of teaching experience
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess good organizational skills
- Be punctual and able to work long hours
- Have a desire to learn new things; have a sense of humor
- Enjoy helping others learn new skills or improve existing ones