Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Systems Analyst Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Systems Analyst to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Systems Analysts are responsible for the design and implementation of large-scale systems that support business operations across multiple departments. They are sought after to help drive innovation in existing processes and to implement new systems. Systems Analysts have a wide variety of skills, including software development, system administration and integration, infrastructure architecture and design, database design and management, user experience design, and troubleshooting. They are highly trained in all aspects of system design and development as well as the analysis and management of complex data sets.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Provide technical expertise to oversee and manage selected IT projects and systems.
- Prepare project management plans, including scoping and budgeting, which will ensure that projects are completed within the time frame specified by management.
- Creating, testing, and implementing technical solutions to solve problems in an organization’s IT systems.
- Maintaining the integrity of the system by helping ensure that the system meets business needs.
- Providing input into the development process to ensure that the system is built according to best practices.
- Contribute to the development of new systems, processes and applications.
- Assist in the creation of documentation related to these processes.
- Identify potential problems with existing systems that may impact the ability of other groups to use them effectively.
- Performing system analysis, design, and implementation.
- Interpreting business requirements and eliciting support from executive management.
- Developing data models and database schemas to support applications and data processing systems.
- Creating computer programs or custom software to automate routine business processes.
- Validating system performance, identifying defects, and generating test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Systems Analyst.
- Must be able to develop user requirements, design and implement software solutions, collect data from various sources, analyze the results of their analysis, and communicate these results to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to understand and communicate with other members of the team, including engineers and business analysts.
- Must be able to understand the current state of the system, as well as its future state.
- Must be able to develop a plan for how to get from one state to another.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own without being constantly supervised.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.