Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
Review the following sample job description for a Store Manager reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a retail store. They must ensure that the business runs smoothly and efficiently, while also ensuring that all employees are doing their job and that customers are happy. The Store Manager makes sure that merchandise is stocked and displayed correctly, and will often be responsible for hiring employees and training new employees as needed. Additionally, the Store Manager takes care of any customer complaints or concerns.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Ensuring that all employees are properly trained and know their job descriptions.
- Measuring and tracking sales, inventory, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the store inventory for enough stock to fulfill customer demand, but not so much that it becomes wasteful or unprofitable
- Conduct inventory of stock in the store for reducing shrink levels.
- Prepare store reports for management.
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers at all times to ensure consistent availability of products in the store.
- Resolve customer issues and assist with educating customers about products, services, and events.
- Developing marketing strategies for the store’s products, services, and events
- Responsible for the overall operation and success of a retail store
- Ensure that the company’s mission, values, and strategic goals are being met
- Develop and motivate a diverse team of associates to achieve store goals
- Ensure that all associates meet or exceed performance expectations
- Set clear expectations for all aspects of their jobs such as customer service skills, merchandising skills, sales skills etc.
- Evaluate performance on a regular basis by conducting one-on-one meetings with each associate in the store
- Provide accurate information about merchandise and services offered at the store
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in retail management, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office and POS
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others
- A high level of integrity and honesty
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)