Security Officer Job Description
Review the following sample job description for a Security Officer reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Security Officer is responsible for maintaining an environment that is safe and secure for the company and its employees. They are also responsible for helping maintain a positive image of the company. The Security Officer must ensure that all rules and regulations are followed.This position will also be expected to provide backup to other members of the security team when needed.
This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and discretion, as well as excellent communication skills.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Responding to emergency situations, such as fires or medical emergencies, by contacting emergency services and evacuating building occupants as required
- Monitoring fire alarms, ensuring that smoke detectors are working properly and replacing batteries as needed
- Responding to break-ins or theft by contacting police and providing them with information on suspect(s) if necessary
- Monitor alarms and surveillance equipment
- Observe visitors and staff members
- Investigate suspicious activity or criminal activity
- Control access to buildings, rooms, and areas through the use of locks, keys, alarms, or other security devices
- Provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for employees, customers, visitors and property.
- Monitor the premises of buildings or other areas where they perform their duties to detect suspicious activity or criminal behavior.
- Respond to emergencies such as fires or medical problems as directed by management staff or emergency response teams.
- Enforce all rules and regulations related to safety and security throughout the facility, including those related to parking lot usage, smoking restrictions, weapons possession policies and employee conduct standards.
- Patrolling grounds and property for security purposes
- Enforcing rules and regulations set forth by the company
- Conducting searches of individuals, vehicles and/or buildings
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime.
- Must have worked in security or law enforcement for at least two years
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.