Revenue Cycle Manager Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Revenue Cycle Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for managing the entire process of collecting, paying and filing insurance claims. This includes ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all claims, as well as ensuring that all necessary documentation is collected and submitted in a timely manner. The Revenue Cycle Manager also handles billing and collections, as well as any appeals that may arise from claims. They are responsible for training and supervising staff members who work with them on these activities.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Managing the collection process from start to finish.
- Working with the billing department to ensure that bills are sent out on time and accurately.
- Working with insurance companies to ensure proper claims are filed, paid and reported.
- Ensuring that payments are collected in a timely manner.
- Managing the payment and collection process for all accounts receivable.
- Creating new accounts and managing customer relationships.
- Analyzing data to determine trends, opportunities, and risks related to accounts receivable.
- Providing support to sales teams by identifying potential customers and creating proposals/contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in revenue cycle management, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Experience with implementation and management of electronic health records (EHR) systems is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of third party payer rules and regulations.
- Ability to create monthly reports for executive review on a timely basis.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.