Reservation Manager Job Description (2023)
The following is sample job description for a Reservation Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Reservation Manager is responsible for creating and managing the company’s hotel reservations, as well as making sure that all reservations are fulfilled at the highest quality possible. The Reservation Manager will be in charge of ensuring that staff members are properly trained on how to handle customer service needs, as well as ensuring that all employees understand the importance of maintaining a positive attitude while on the job.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Entering new reservations into the system, including booking dates, times, and any special instructions.
- Managing the reservation schedule to ensure that all available spaces are filled, but that there are enough free rooms for incoming guests.
- Ensuring that all staff members assigned to handle reservations are familiar with the process and can handle common problems that may arise.
- Checking in with guests who have already made reservations to confirm they will be coming or if there are any other issues with their stay (such as lost luggage).
- Managing the day-to-day operations of their department and ensuring that their team is adequately trained to handle customer requests.
- Keeping up with trends in the hospitality industry so they can adjust their policies accordingly.
- Monitoring trends in booking patterns so they can anticipate demand and make appropriate adjustments to staffing levels or other resources needed to serve customers effectively (e.g., adding more receptionists during peak times).
- Providing customer service to customers via phone, email, or chat.
- Overseeing the creation of monthly reports on key metrics, including call volume, average hold time, and agent productivity.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive, reservation software, and Salesforce.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks based on deadlines and personal preferences.
- Must be able to work remotely as needed, with the ability to travel for training and meetings as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time, resources and staff effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.