Property Manager Job Description
Review the following sample job description for a Property Manager reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Property managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of property owners’ real estate. They are in charge of managing tenants, collecting rent, hiring and overseeing maintenance staff, and ensuring that the building is up to code. Property managers can work for large companies or individuals who own multiple properties.
They also manage properties owned by banks or other lenders. Property managers may be required to attend training sessions on how to properly manage their clients’ properties.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Managing the staff and contractors at the property, including scheduling and supervising their work
- Communicating with tenants about maintenance issues
- Ensuring that all of the property’s systems, appliances, and amenities are in good working order at all times
- Dealing with any legal issues that arise on site (e.g., evictions)
- Collecting rent from tenants on time each month
- Managing the maintenance staff to ensure repairs are made in a timely manner
- Handling tenant complaints regarding maintenance issues (e.g., plumbing problems)
- Ensuring that tenants understand their lease terms and requirements (e.g., paying rent on time)
- Oversee of all financial aspects of the property, including income and expenses
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Minimum two years of experience as a property manager or similar role
- Proficiency in MS Office and specific property management software (i.e. Yardi)
- May require an active real estate license.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with tenants, brokers, vendors, and other staff members
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.
This Post Has 0 Comments