Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Project Scheduler Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Project Scheduler to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Project Scheduler is a highly skilled professional who maintains and updates the schedule for a complex project. They work with a team of other professionals, including project managers and executives, to identify what needs to be done when, how long it will take, and how much it will cost. They then create a timeline or calendar that reflects these decisions and communicates them clearly to everyone involved in the project.
Additional Project Scheduler resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Create, update, and maintain project schedules and plans.
- Work with Project Manager to oversee communication of changes to the team.
- Manage project schedule, updates and revisions.
- Monitor and update project deadlines, milestones and key deliverables.
- Work with project manager to oversee communication of changes to the team.
- Manage task assignments for multiple teams/projects/schedules.
- Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and with desired quality.
- Communicate progress in terms of milestones achieved, changes made to the schedule, and future plans.
- Analyze cost and benefit of various alternatives to determine preferred solution.
- Maintain communication with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to ensure that all stakeholders have a clear understanding of what is needed from them and when it needs to be completed by.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or in a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Project Scheduler.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, G-Suite, Asana, Trello, Jive, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, WebEx, MS Teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.