Project Manager Job Description (2023)
The following is a sample job description for a Project Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
As a Project Manager, you will help to lead the project from start to finish. You will be responsible for managing timelines, making sure that the work is done on schedule and within budget, and ensuring that all team members are working effectively together. You will also be responsible for communicating progress reports with stakeholders.Identify consultants as needed; develop budgets; and manage the overall budget.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Plan project timelines, including milestones, deadlines, and resources necessary to complete each phase of the project.
- Manage a team that includes employees from multiple departments as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Ensure that each member of their team has all the information they need to complete their assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Create weekly reports on progress made by each member of their team, highlighting any issues or delays that may have occurred during the week.
- Implement, plan, organize, and direct projects to ensure that they are completed successfully
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or in a related field
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Project Manager
- Certification in PMP.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions on behalf of the team
- Must have strong leadership skills, as well as excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be able to lead and inspire your team members
- Strong understanding of how to manage budgets and resources
- Be able to keep your eye on the big picture while also paying attention to all the details of each individual project at hand
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, SharePoint, G-Suite, Asana, Trello, Jive, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, WebEx, MS Teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.