Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Planned Gift Director Job Description
The following is sample job description for a Planned Gift Director to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Planned Gift Director is responsible for making donations to a non-profit organization. The Planned Gift Director assists in planning and implementing a gift program that will meet the needs of the organization. This position also handles all aspects of donor relations, including donor outreach, donor stewardship, and donor communications.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive gift planning program that meets the needs of the organization.
- Ensuring that all planned gifts are properly allocated to the proper purpose and in accordance with the donor’s wishes.
- Maintaining accurate records and data regarding gifts received, processed, and distributed in an appropriate manner.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective plan to fulfill all donor intent expressed in the original gift instrument.
- Overseeing planning and fundraising process to ensure adequate planning time is available prior to each major event.
- Developing and implementing strategies to promote planned gifts through a variety of channels, including direct mail, email marketing campaigns and social media platforms.
- Identifying potential donors through research and analysis of previous gift data collected from past events or other sources.
- Working with other departments such as Development, Communications, Operations and Finance in order to coordinate planned gift efforts with all areas within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- At least 3-5 year history of leading the gift planning process in their organization.
- Experience working with donors at all levels, from individuals who have given small gifts to foundations and endowments that have provided large gifts.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with both employees, donors, board members, and stakeholders.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.