We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Pharmacy Technician to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Pharmacy technicians work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, pharmacies, and clinics. They provide support to pharmacists by preparing drug prescriptions for patients and performing routine tasks like stocking shelves and cleaning equipment.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Take patient information from doctors or nurses and enter it into computer systems
- Process prescription payments for customers
- Check expiration dates on medications and make sure patients have prescriptions for each drug that they need
- Prepare medications for dispensing or inventory control purposes
- Providing customer service to patients and other employees
- Maintaining inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies
- Stocking shelves with new products as needed
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one year of pharmacy experience.
- Must be able to work well with people, especially patients.
- Must be able to accurately count and handle money.
- Must be able to work with computers and software programs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.