Operations Research Analyst Job Description
This is an example of an Operations Research Analyst job description for a reference when building your resume. Analyze the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
Operations research analysts are responsible for identifying, analyzing, and solving complex business problems using mathematical models and statistical techniques. They work with data to find the optimal solution to a problem.
Operations research analysts use their skills in data analysis and modeling to improve operations in businesses of all sizes. They typically work within an organization’s finance department, but they may also be employed by consulting firms or other companies that help other organizations solve their problems.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Analyze and interpret data to generate solutions to business problems.
- Research, design, develop and implement new methods, models and technologies that improve an organization’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enhance the understanding of how an organization operates by developing new analytical techniques and models to help with decision-making processes.
- Apply a deep understanding of operations research methods and techniques to support the development of innovative solutions that align with overall company objectives.
- Work closely with subject matter experts across functions to understand business problems associated with processes such as manufacturing, marketing, supply chain or service initiatives.
- Evaluate current processes against best practices defined within our industry as well as by other businesses both within and outside of the company.
- Quantify opportunities for improvement using analytical methodologies such as simulation models or optimization algorithms while also considering limitations in data quality and availability (e.g., missing data points).
- Create documents describing findings from analysis including how they might impact overall company goals such as revenue growth or cost reduction over time.
- BA or BS degree in Operations Research, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret results.
- Knowledge of statistical methods, including probability theory, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, time series analysis, and stochastic processes.
- Experience using statistical software like SAS and R.
- Experience with statistical modeling and analysis, optimization and simulation software.
- Experience with SQL programming language and database management systems.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, ETL tools and data mining techniques.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.