Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for an Operations Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Operations managers are the leaders of their teams, responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of a company. They are tasked with making sure that products, services, and other areas of the business are running smoothly and efficiently. Operations managers oversee all aspects of the business, including finances, productivity, and quality control.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage and direct the activities of the operations department, including directing and coordinating the work of employees and other functional areas of the organization.
- Define and prioritize operational issues that impact our customers and their experience.
- Work with the product team to identify solutions to operational issues.
- Create improvements to operational processes based on feedback from customers, sales teams, etc.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate and implement the company’s strategy, goals and objectives
- Monitor compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that products meet customer expectations and deadlines are met.
- Monitors performance against objectives in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Develops strategies for increasing revenue streams through new products or services, as well as cost-cutting measures.
- Ensures that employees are meeting productivity targets by conducting weekly or monthly meetings with each department head to discuss progress towards goals; assigns projects based on strengths of individual employees; provides training and coaching when necessary.
- Monitor, analyze, and interpret reports on production costs, quality control measures and practices, sales volume and profitability, market trends, profitability ratios and other financial data to determine if business objectives are being met.
- Decide on operational policies and procedures based on analysis of cost/quality trade-offs in relation to organizational strategies and goals, such as production methods or purchasing policies.
- Develop plans for improving efficiency or product quality through new methods or materials; monitor progress toward reaching objectives; revise plans as needed when changes occur in technology or markets.
- Directly supervise individuals who plan order releases for products; assign personnel to specific projects within departmental goals; evaluate performance against standards set by company policy or contract requirements to identify areas needing improvement or adjustment in work assignments/priorities/activities (e.g., staffing levels).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Be able to work with employees at all levels and have strong interpersonal skills
- Have at least five years of experience in a managerial role
- Have good negotiation skills and the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while still prioritizing those projects based on their importance to the company’s success
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs, Drop Box, Slack, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)