We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for an Office Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office, as well as for overseeing and managing ancillary department functions. The Office Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s operations in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Maintains records that reflect compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are properly used and maintained at all times.
- Manages office staff by hiring, training, scheduling work assignments, evaluating performance and terminating employees.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of the general office including answering phones, taking messages, preparing reports as required.
- Prepares correspondence using computer word processing software (for example: Microsoft Word).
- Handle all human resources issues including payroll, benefits, work schedules and training programs.
- Coordinate projects or events that require multiple departments to work together.
- Organize office space to maximize efficiency.
- Order supplies and equipment to keep the office running smoothly.
- Analyze financial information to determine trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in an office management position.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.