Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Network Administrator to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Network Administrator is responsible for managing the company’s network, including ensuring that it is running at optimal performance. This includes monitoring and troubleshooting all software and hardware on the network, as well as installing new equipment and maintaining backups of important data. The Network Administrator will also be responsible for training other employees on how to use the network and how to protect themselves against viruses and other threats.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Monitor and troubleshoot all software and hardware on the network, including servers and workstations
- Working with IT support to resolve issues with users or applications
- Install new equipment as needed
- Maintain backups of important data files
- Train other employees on how to use the network
- Manage the network infrastructure, including servers and networking equipment
- Monitor and maintain network performance, security, and uptime
- Troubleshoot issues with users’ computers or other devices connected to the network
- Create documentation for new equipment and processes that may be used by other IT staff in the future
- Analyze, configure and manage systems on the network
- Install, configure and maintain routers, switches, firewalls and other networking devices
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Experience with Linux operating system administration, including troubleshooting issues related to hardware and network connectivity
- Must have a strong understanding of TCP/IP and be able to work with remote management tools.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016
- Experience using VMware ESXi or Hyper-V is required
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own without being constantly supervised
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)