Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Medical and Health Services Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Medical and Health Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the management of multiple departments within the company’s medical and health services division. The manager will be responsible for managing the operations of each department, including but not limited to hiring new employees, conducting employee evaluations and reviews, training employees in new skillsets, implementing company policies across all divisions, ensuring that departmental budgets are in line with company policies, and more.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Plan, organize, lead, and coordinate the work of a medical or health care system.
- Develop budgets; monitor expenses; hire staff; supervise employees.
- Develop policies regarding quality assurance procedures; maintain records regarding patient care; train staff members on emergency procedures; consult with physicians regarding new technology.
- Ensure compliance with regulations by conducting annual audits of records; compile reports regarding activities such as facility inspections.
- Reviews the quality of care provided by staff, including the identification and resolution of problems.
- Ensures that nursing services are provided consistently with organizational goals, policies and procedures.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of a medical facility’s nursing unit.
- Evaluates patient outcomes to determine their effectiveness in meeting hospital standards.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, nursing or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in management roles in the health care industry.
- Experience in risk assessment, quality improvement and process improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees and achieve results through others.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, where you will be required to make quick decisions.