Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Marketing Director Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Marketing Director to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Marketing Director is a senior executive at the company who oversees all of its marketing efforts. The marketing director is responsible for identifying new opportunities, formulating strategies to meet them, and coordinating the work of the marketing team to meet those objectives.
The Marketing Director plans and directs the overall business of their department, including budgeting, staffing, and resource allocation. They also make sure that their staff is fully trained on best practices in their field and continually monitors performance against goals set by senior leadership.
Additional marketing resume writing strategies for this can be found here.
- Create a marketing plan that meets the business’s goals and objectives.
- Come up with strategies to implement that plan.
- Hire and manage other marketing professionals in your team, including PR, social media, digital media, advertising, and web design.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors such as digital agencies or ad agencies.
- Lead all marketing efforts, including developing strategy and managing the budget.
- Provide direction to team members on how to accomplish goals set by the company.
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining all aspects of a company’s brand image, including logos, slogans, and other branding materials.
- Overseeing the creation of sales material such as brochures, catalogs, and advertisements.
- Managing all media relations efforts including press releases and media interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales and account managers to develop and execute go-to market plans for new products/services.
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources including quantitative/qualitative methods; ability to use spreadsheet applications such as Excel as well as other software applications including PowerPoint/Word etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.