Manufacturing Supervisor Job Description
Review this Manufacturing Supervisor job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the production and quality of all products manufactured by the company. This includes ensuring that the quality of products is consistent and meets our standards, as well as ensuring that production runs smoothly and time-efficiently. The Manufacturing Supervisor will develop relationships with all key stakeholders in the manufacturing process to ensure that they have what they need to succeed. They will also be responsible for providing feedback to management on issues related to their respective departments’ performance.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage production planning and manufacturing scheduling.
- Coordinate departmental inventory and equipment requirements with the Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Process Development Manager, and other Departmental Managers.
- Plan and execute the production of products using production planning tools such as SAP software or paper templates.
- Monitor manufacturing processes to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Review production data to identify product defects or deviations from specifications.
- Supervise and direct the work of manufacturing employees in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that manufacturing employees have the proper safety equipment, training, and supervision to do their job.
- Ensure that materials are delivered on time, in good condition and that they are being used properly.
- Ensure that any problems with the manufacturing process are identified and fixed by assigning tasks to ensure that they are completed correctly and on time.
- Perform routine quality checks on incoming materials and ensure that products are consistent with specifications.
- Conduct inspections of finished goods for defects and report any problems to management.
- Maintain safety records for all employees and ensure that they are up-to-date on safety training.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences of related field.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing and production.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in supervising people.
- Licenses and/or certifications as required (i.e. ASCP, MT, ACE, LEAN, J-STD, CPR, OSHA, etc.).
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and complete them on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.