Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
Review this Manufacturing Manager job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the overall performance and direction of the manufacturing process. This person will be responsible for managing the plant, including all aspects of cost, quality, and schedule. They will evaluate the current situation and identify opportunities for improvements. The Manufacturing Manager will work with key stakeholders to identify goals, policies, and procedures that will enhance productivity and reduce costs. The Manufacturing Manager should be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the company while providing leadership in areas of responsibility.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates all aspects of the manufacturing process, including planning, scheduling, employee training, quality control, and inventory management.
- Implements a systems approach to managing processes and systems so that they are integrated into the overall business strategy.
- Applies technical expertise in all areas of product development and manufacturing to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Develops methodologies for improving productivity while maintaining quality levels.
- Managing all aspects of the manufacturing process, from planning to production, to quality assurance and more.
- Responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing process: planning, production, quality assurance, etc.
- Manage human resources, including recruiting and training employees.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local requirements regarding safety standards and environmental policies.
- Maintain accurate records of all relevant information regarding manufacturing processes in order to provide accurate reports on performance metrics and financial information.
- Maintain a clear understanding of current and future capacity needs, including sourcing of raw materials, scheduling of personnel, inventory levels, and labor costs.
- Maintains inventory control to ensure that all products produced during the shift are accounted for by stockroom personnel.
- Coordinates with other departments such as purchasing and quality control to ensure that there are no delays in shipments or deliveries.
- Reviews manufacturing processes with engineering staff to determine if improvements can be made that will increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role and 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience managing manufacturing processes and staff.
- Experience with establishing and managing production schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Experience with supply chain management, including forecasting, procurement, and inventory management.
- Licenses and/or certifications as required (i.e. ASCP, MT, ACE, LEAN, J-STD, CPR, OSHA, etc.).
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and complete them on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required. The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees across teams is an important component of this position.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).