Review this Mailroom Clerk job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
The Mailroom Clerk plays a critical role in managing incoming and outgoing mail and packages, ensuring the efficient distribution of documents and parcels within the organization. This position requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Mail and Package Handling:
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail, packages, and deliveries to the appropriate recipients.
- Process outgoing mail, ensuring that it is properly labeled and sent through the appropriate postal or courier services.
- Mailroom Organization:
- Maintain a clean and organized mailroom, ensuring that supplies and equipment are readily available.
- Monitor mailroom inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Mail Distribution:
- Collect, sort, and deliver internal documents, correspondence, and interoffice mail to various departments.
- Ensure that mail is delivered promptly and efficiently.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing mail and packages, including tracking information and delivery dates.
- Prepare reports and logs as needed.
- Equipment Operation:
- Operate mailroom equipment, including postage meters, shipping software, copiers, and scanners.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
- Security and Confidentiality:
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all mail and packages.
- Verify the identity of recipients when necessary and follow security protocols.
- Customer Service:
- Provide assistance and information to employees, clients, and visitors who inquire about mail and package deliveries.
- Address any mail-related inquiries and issues in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a mailroom clerk or in a similar role.
- Familiarity with mailroom equipment and postage meters.
- Basic computer skills for data entry and tracking.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Physical ability to lift and move packages and boxes.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Professionalism and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of mail and package handling procedures.
- Familiarity with postal regulations and shipping services is a plus.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not exhaustive. Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the organization.