Logistics Manager Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Logistics Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Logistics Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the company’s logistics operations. This includes inventory control, transportation, and warehouse management. The role requires someone who can work with a wide variety of people, including employees and vendors, as well as customers and other stakeholders. A successful logistics manager will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate successfully with all levels within and outside the organization.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Leads, mentors and coaches team members to achieve customer satisfaction through the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for the leadership, development, motivation and performance management of a team of logistics specialists who plan, execute and control all aspects of a transportation operation.
- Accountable for managing the day-to-day operations of an assigned area to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of quality and service.
- Manage logistic operations in order to meet customer expectations regarding on-time delivery or service levels.
- Plan and implement changes in business structure or processes in order to achieve desired results in logistic operations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing logistics activities within their organization.
- Plan and implement improvements in business processes related to logistic activities.
- Reviewing and monitoring performance against targets for all delivery channels.
- Developing and implementing solutions to current and future challenges facing the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Logistics or equivalent industry experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a Logistics Manager in a manufacturing or shipping environment
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more logistics professionals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.