We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Logistics Analyst to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Logistics Analyst is responsible for analyzing the flow of goods, services, and information in an organization. They are tasked with making sure that all processes run smoothly, and that nothing gets lost along the way.
This position requires a high level of attention to detail, as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data. The logistics analyst must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, while also understanding how each department works together.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Assessing the current operations and logistics procedures to determine what needs improvement
- Developing new systems or processes that will improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Creating reports on the success of those new systems or processes
- Coordinate transportation and distribution for goods, supplies, materials and equipment between locations.
- Perform inventory management duties to ensure that goods are stored at the correct location.
- Track shipments of goods through electronic logging systems, including bar code scanning and manual data entry.
- Use shipping software to track shipments, create bills of lading, generate documentation and prepare orders for shipment according to customer specifications.
- Analyze data using software programs such as Excel or Access to determine trends in order processing, inventory management, and shipping methods;
- Communicate with various departments within the company regarding logistics issues such as order processing or shipping delays.
- Consult with executives about ways to improve efficiency within their supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or related field.
- Experience with a logistics software package.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics/supply chain management or as a logistics analyst; experience in an international setting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team.