Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a Laboratory Technician to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing tests and analyses on specimens, as well as assisting in the preparation of chemicals and solutions used in the laboratory. They also keep records of all test results, including any errors or deviations from the expected result. In some cases, they may also be responsible for maintaining equipment and keeping it operational.
Laboratory technicians work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private research facilities, universities, and government agencies.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Prepare, set up, and maintain laboratory instruments and supplies
- Collect samples from patients, analyze samples, record results, and interpret data
- Operate or assist in the operation of various medical diagnostic equipment
- Maintain records of tests and procedures performed by technicians and physicians in the laboratory
- Perform routine tasks under direction of Laboratory Manager
- Perform lab tests, such as those for urine and blood samples
- Sterilize equipment and supplies before use
- Collect samples from patients and deliver them to the proper lab for analysis
- Record results of tests, including information about the patient’s health status, lifestyle habits, and other factors that may have affected test outcomes
- Write reports describing what was done during a session or explaining why a certain result was obtained
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of laboratory experience; basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and follow written procedures; ability to speak and listen effectively.
- Must be able to work with computers and software programs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.