Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for an Insurance Agent to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The primary responsibility of the Insurance Agent is to sell and service insurance policies, including property and casualty, life and health, and employee benefits. The Insurance Agent must also be able to identify customer needs and provide quality service.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Gaining new clients by researching companies and products that will meet their needs.
- Ordering policies from underwriters, who are responsible for issuing policies based on the agent’s recommendations.
- Explaining how different types of insurance policies work to potential customers
- Answering questions about existing policies or payment options for new customers
- Presenting information about policies and/or coverage options to potential customers
- Collecting information about risk factors relevant to coverage needs
- Preparing contracts and other documents related to policies or coverage options offered by an organization
- Sell or market products or services through personal contact with individuals such as doctors, nurses, hospital personnel, patients, or other customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field.
- At least 2 years experience as an Insurance Agent.
- License in health, property and casualty, and life insurance policies.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to take initiative and act independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, etc.