Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for an Information Security Analyst to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Information Security Analyst is responsible for ensuring the security of the organization’s information systems and infrastructure. The analyst will be expected to apply their expertise and knowledge in a variety of areas, including cryptography, network security, and risk management.
The Information Security Analyst is tasked with assessing the current state of the organization’s information security program and recommending improvements for future use. They will also be responsible for developing policies, standards, procedures, and protocols that help ensure compliance with federal legislation related to data protection.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Monitoring and maintaining information security systems, including firewalls, encryption, and intrusion detection systems.
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies for use in the company’s information security systems.
- Performing security audits on internal operations to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Performing risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities within the organization’s network.
- Conducts research on existing security systems, procedures, and protocols and recommends improvements.
- Analyzes data to determine the effectiveness of current security systems and procedures.
- Recommends changes to improve security policies and procedures.
- Develops new security systems, procedures, and protocols based on audits of existing systems and procedures.
- Analyze security threats and risks to ensure the protection of company data, assets, and employees.
- Review new systems and applications for security vulnerabilities and monitor for compliance with security policies and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Information Security Analyst.
- Understanding of information assurance lifecycle processes (e.g., risk assessment, vulnerability management, incident response) is preferred.
- Experience with security principles and concepts, including compliance with relevant industry regulations
- Strong knowledge of cyber security threats and vulnerabilities to systems and networks (including mobile devices), plus the ability to assess their potential impact on the organization.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on your own without being constantly supervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).