Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
HVAC Technician Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a HVAC Technician to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
HVAC Technicians are responsible for the installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems. They install, repair, replace, and maintain these systems in both residential and commercial buildings.
They must be able to read blueprints in order to know how to install or repair the system. They should also have the ability to work with their hands, as well as a good understanding of electricity and plumbing.
Because HVAC Technicians can work on a wide range of projects throughout the day, an important skill for them is being able to manage their time effectively.
Additional HVAC Technician resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Install and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Install duct work and piping for heating systems.
- Test electrical components of heating systems to ensure they are operating properly.
- Disconnect and remove old equipment from buildings.
- Clean out the interior of boilers or furnaces to remove any debris that could cause a fire or explosion.
- Test and adjust heating and cooling systems to ensure they are operating at optimal efficiency.
- Install new HVAC systems in residential and commercial buildings.
- Repair or replace damaged vents or ductwork in residential and commercial buildings.
- Diagnose and repair electrical issues with HVAC components.
- Work with mechanical contractors to install and maintain residential and commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 6 years experience as an HVAC Technician
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be able to adapt to new situations quickly and easily.
- Able to operate hand tools such as drills, saws and screwdrivers.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.