We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Human Resources Specialist to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A HR Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing HR policies and procedures, as well as providing HR services to employees. They also ensure that their organization’s compliance with all applicable employment laws.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Maintain employee records in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Provide support for disciplinary actions against employees.
- Ensure all employee files are maintained in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Maintain accurate records of all employee benefits, including eligibility status and benefit eligibility dates.
- Assist with payroll processing as well as tax withholding calculations.
- Prepare and distribute reports on company personnel policies and procedures, as well as performance evaluations.
- Conduct interviews to recruit new employees.
- Provide assistance with employee training programs.
- Conducting exit interviews with employees who have left the company.
- Assessing employee performance and making recommendations for advancement opportunities or disciplinary action (such as termination).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in human resources management.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding employment law and labor relations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work without direction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, HRIS, ATS, etc.