Human Resources Business Partner Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Human Resources Business Partner to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
This role will be responsible for managing the company’s human resources. This includes providing administrative support to employees, maintaining records of employee information, and overseeing all aspects of payroll administration. The human resources business partner will also provide guidance and support to managers in their day-to-day management responsibilities, including employee relations and other HR functions.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Coordinating with managers and other employees to ensure that the company’s human resource needs are being met
- Working with managers and employees to develop training programs to help them grow in their careers
- Evaluating policies and procedures to ensure they’re efficient and effective
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with clients through frequent contact; provides high-quality service to internal customers throughout the organization
- Works collaboratively with internal customers to develop strategies that meet current business needs while creating a sustainable foundation for future success
- Provides strategic advice on human resources topics such as compensation programs, benefits programs or other related areas based on extensive knowledge of industry trends and best practices; assists with developing creative solutions to complex issues faced by clients within these areas (i.e., employee retention initiatives)
- Facilitates meetings with senior leadership regarding key HR issues; provides input into high-level decisions made by executives regarding personnel matters at both operational levels as well as senior leadership level
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR, or a related field. Master’s is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of current employment laws, including labor laws and benefits.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Must be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work without direction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Docs, Zoom, training programs, etc.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.