Hotel Operations Manager Job Description
The following is sample job description for a Hotel Operations Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Hotel Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of hotel operations, including guest services, food and beverage services, housekeeping, maintenance, security and more. This position reports to the General Manager and is the first point of contact for all guests who call or visit the hotel.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Managing human resources, including hiring new employees and evaluating performance.
- Managing budgets, ordering supplies, and making purchases.
- Managing employee training programs.
- Coordinating all activities related to booking rooms, including answering phone calls, responding to emails, and booking reservations online.
- Overseeing all aspects of hotel operations, including budgeting, purchasing supplies and materials, ensuring staff compliance with company policies and procedures, and ensuring that guests receive high levels of service at all times.
- Ensuring that all safety standards are met.
- Work closely with other departments in order to ensure smooth communication between departments.
- Oversee all maintenance and repairs for the hotel’s restaurants and bars.
- Responsible for making sure that the hotel meets or exceeds its financial goals by keeping track of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as occupancy rates, average daily rate (ADR), revenue per available room (RevPAR), and more.
- Create reports on these metrics that can be used to make business decisions at higher levels in the company.
- A bachelor’s degree in hotel management, hotel and restaurant management, or hospitality management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role at a high-end hotel.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal—and the ability to work well with people from all walks of life.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- An outgoing personality that allows you to build rapport with guests.
- Must be a professional who is detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Must be able to work well with other people from all walks of life.
- Must have experience in customer service and/or hospitality.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.