Hotel Group Sales Manager Job Description
The following is sample job description for a Hotel Group Sales Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
This is a sales position responsible for working with hotel groups and helping them build relationships with the company. The Hotel Group Sales Manager will also be responsible for promoting the company’s products and services to hotel clients as well as making sure these relationships are maintained.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Responsible for sales and marketing of the hotel’s group business.
- Develops and implements an annual sales plan that includes strategic market analysis, marketing initiatives, and revenue goals.
- Manages all phases of the sales cycle from initial contact with prospective customers through contract execution.
- Provides leadership and direction to the department in order to achieve departmental goals.
- Oversee all of the sales team’s activities and ensuring that they are meeting their goals.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a sales strategy for the hotel group, including pricing, promotions and commissions, sales support and training, and advertising.
- Develop annual budget based on estimated revenue requirements.
- Manage sales/marketing support staff in the following areas: Reservations, Public Relations, Sales Support Staff, and Admissions Staff.
- Review contracts with hotels under contract with the hotel group to ensure compliance with contractual obligations; assist in negotiations when necessary.
- Evaluate performance of all direct reports on an ongoing basis; provide feedback as necessary; coach for performance improvement when appropriate; counsel for corrective action when necessary; terminate employment when warranted by poor performance or lack of improvement after counseling has been provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably in hospitality.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, with a focus on hotels.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry, including the nuances of different types of hotels and resorts.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time, resources and staff effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.