Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Healthcare Administrator Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Healthcare Administrator to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
Healthcare Administrator’s job description is to manage healthcare facilities and services. They ensure that medical facilities function properly, and they work with administrators of other medical facilities to make sure their work runs smoothly. They also provide administrative support to doctors and nurses, making sure that they have everything they need to perform their jobs. Healthcare administrators are responsible for managing the entire facility or department they oversee, including hiring staff and training them in their duties.
Additional Healthcare Administrator resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Managing staff, including hiring new employees and terminating current ones.
- Supervising budgets to ensure they meet company expenses while keeping costs low.
- Coordinating with physicians and other medical professionals in order to provide quality patient care.
- Ensuring that all safety standards are met at all times.
- Plan and manage healthcare services for an organization.
- Develop strategies to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Ensure that medical staff comply with standards of care and regulatory requirements.
- Administering hospital policies and procedures.
- Administering employee payroll and benefits programs.
- Developing budgets, goals, and objectives for the hospital or healthcare organization.
- Preparing and revising budgets, staffing levels, and policies as needed to meet objectives set forth by the board of directors or other governing bodies.
- Developing and implementing operating policies that guide daily operations of the healthcare facility (e.g., nursing homes).
- Managing relationships with government agencies, insurance companies, vendors/suppliers, business partners/corporate sponsorships; ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations/laws (e.g., Medicare/Medicaid).
- Overseeing day-to-day activities of staff in order to achieve goals set forth by board of directors or other governing bodies.
- Ensuring that the programs and policies of the healthcare facility are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensuring that all employees at the healthcare facility maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Evaluating trends in clinical performance to support decision making and continuous improvement efforts.
- Managing risk management activities including medical malpractice claims, internal investigations, credentialing/privileging requests, incident investigations, safety reviews and other activities related to risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or related field. Masters’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare administration.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to work well under pressure, with a sense of urgency.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work well within a team setting.
- Be able to work in a high pressure and high stress environment.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.