Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for a General Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The General Manager is responsible for leading the team, managing the company’s finances, and overseeing strategic planning. The General Manager will work closely with the CEO and other executives to provide strategic leadership and direction for the organization, as well as oversee daily operations.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage all aspects of the business, including sales and marketing, finance and accounting, human resources, operations, product development and quality assurance.
- Oversee the development of financial plans that meet or exceed agreed-upon goals.
- Propose changes to improve profitability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that company goals are met or exceeded each year by managing all departments or teams within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that each department meets its budgeted expenses through proper cost controls.
- Oversee hiring practices in order to maintain a high caliber staff at all times.
- Act as a liaison between top management and front line employees.
- Work closely with the CEO and other executives to provide strategic leadership and direction for the organization, as well as oversee daily operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- At least 5 plus years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience leading a team of at least 20 employees.
- Experience managing an organization with multiple locations or branches will be beneficial to your candidacy.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to multitask effectively, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to delegate effectively and work well with others on a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Self-starters who can work independently without needing constant supervision.