Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Fundraising Manager Job Description
The following is sample job description for a Fundraising Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for managing the fundraising activities of the organization. They are tasked with ensuring that the organization’s fundraisers are well prepared, effective, and efficient in their work. The Fundraising Manager must work with other managers and associates to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Ensuring that all major fundraising events are scheduled and executed in advance, with appropriate staffing.
- Managing all aspects of grant writing and grant management, including tracking grant requests, submitting proposals, and monitoring progress and deadlines.
- Working with the board of directors to create a strategic plan for the organization’s future.
- Developing a budget for the organization that reflects its goals, mission statement, and budget needs.
- Monitoring the progress of current fundraisers, and determining whether they are on track to meet their goals.
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive list of potential donors, donors’ interests and needs, and other key information about donors.
- Ensuring that all major fundraisers are operated according to established procedures and policies.
- Identifying potential donors, and reaching out to them in a way that will help them feel comfortable giving.
- Developing a plan for collecting funds from those donors.
- Creating and implementing strategies for growing the organization’s donor base.
- Maintaining and updating donor lists.
- Handling all financial transactions related to the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- At least two years of experience as a fundraiser or fundraising manager in a non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others in crisis management situations.
- Understanding of nonprofit management principles, as well as a working knowledge of financial terminology and accounting practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with both employees, stakeholders, and volunteers.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.