We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is sample job description for a Food and Beverage Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the planning, purchasing, storage, and distribution of all food and beverage items for a company. This position also ensures that food and beverage items are prepared and stored according to the company’s standards. The Food and Beverage Manager may be responsible for directing employees in the preparation of food and beverage items; preparing menus; maintaining inventory records; organizing schedules for employees who prepare or serve food; scheduling employee work shifts; performing other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Maintain a food-service establishment’s cleanliness standards, including the equipment and utensils in use.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared according to health codes.
- Ensure that proper facilities are in place to prepare food items.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained in the operation of their assigned positions.
- Creating and implementing policies related to food management and safety.
- Managing team members to ensure they are delivering high quality service.
- Ensuring that all employee manuals are updated regularly with information relevant to the job’s responsibilities.
- Maintaining records related to employee performance and disciplinary actions.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, guests, and employees.
- Handle all aspects of the food and beverage operations including: purchasing, receiving, storage and distribution of supplies; ordering deliveries; preparation and cooking of food items; cleaning up after prep work or serving activities.
- Assist with special events such as weddings, conferences or meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and beverage management, hotel and restaurant management, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food and beverage operations
- Experience with all aspects of food service operations: front of house, back of house, and executive level.
- Experience with menu development, pricing strategies, purchasing, menu planning, and menu/product selection.
- Strong project management skills (planning goals, coordinating activities across departments).
- Strong organizational skills (ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects simultaneously).
- Certifications may be required in NRSFP, FSMC, ICPM, IMA, ServSafe, Certified Food Manager, Certified Manager Certification (CM), to name a few.
- Must be proficient in the use of restaurant management software.
- Must be able to work well with other people from all walks of life.
- Must have experience in customer service and/or hospitality.