We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for a Field Service Technician to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining equipment in the field, as well as providing customer service. This position requires a strong technical aptitude and ability to work independently, as well as in teams. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for performing routine maintenance on equipment, responding to customer service requests, and completing minor repairs.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Providing remote assistance to clients over the phone or online, via chat, email or video conference.
- Performing onsite troubleshooting, service, repair and replacement of products.
- Documenting all repairs and replacements thoroughly including photos of the damaged equipment and parts replaced.
- Providing clients with clear, concise information regarding product malfunctions, repairs and replacement parts required.
- Install, operate and maintain equipment to ensure it is operating within customer specifications.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and resolve them to meet standards and expectations.
- Document all work performed in a manner that is accurate, complete and easy to understand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field with at least 5 years of experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- A passion for technology and gadgets
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team setting
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills